VisuaStim Digital Goggles & Headphones
Director of Human Imaging, Social, Life, and Engineering Sciences Imaging Center (SLEIC)
SLEIC 3T MRI Facility
University Park, PA 16802
VisuaStim Digital system for visual and auditory stimulus presentation in fMRI experiments.
- Visual stimulus presentation for fMRI experiments, including 3D stereoscopic display.
- Auditory presentation for fMRI experiments.
- Recording of verbal response.
- Optional eye tracking.
- All digital dual-display video with 0.5 megapixel resolution in a 0.25 square area.
- 30 degree horizontal field of view.
- 800x600 resolution.
- Refresh rate of up to 85 Hz.
- MRI LaserLink technology with all-digital audio and video relay from the console to the MRI headset.
- Optional eye tracker technology and recording software.
- Dual video display 3D capability.
- Rated for 0.2 to 4.7T field strength magnets.
- Digital audio system with 30 dB noise-attenuating headset with 40Hz to 40 kHz frequency response.
- Noise-canceling microphone.
- Head mounted display operates inside the magnet bore with no artifacts or detrimental effects on S/O ratio.
This system was purchased from Resonance Technology Inc. It combines crystal clear, high-resolution digital video with high-quality digital sound to deliver unsurpassed realism. Dual-display stereoscopic video yields 3D images, which deliver visual paradigms that appear to emerge from the screen. The system also has an optional eye tracker module, with software that records ocular movement and synchronizes with EPI sequences. The 30dB noise attenuation headset reduces distracting gradient noise to ensure the subject can hear the intended stimuli. The built-in active noise-canceling microphone enables clear participant response with a minimum of background noise.