SLEIC 3T MRI Facility
University Park, PA 16802
MRI-compatible joystick for fMRI experiments.
- Designed to give a joystick/game controller option for use in fMRI experiments.
- Handheld for the 932 interface.
- Two axis shaft encoder control.
- Angular range: 30 degrees (+/-15 degrees).
- A wide variety of serial and USB outputs are available for Windows, Mac and Linux computers for high speed and demanding applications.
- Two 1 in. (2.5 cm) long levers on grip for thumb and trigger buttons.
- Grip: 4.5 in. tall (11.5 cm).
- Overall height: 6.0 in. (15.24 cm); Base: 1.5 in. (3.75 cm) high, 4.5 in. (11.25 cm) diameter.
- 10 ft (3 m) long fiber pigtailed connector.
- Requires 8-channel removable fiber optic bundle (BNSC-55-12, BNSC-80-12 or BNSC-100-12).
- Active light levels for handheld identification and gain adjustment.
The fiber optic joystick was purchased from Current Designs. The fiber optic joystick is non-magnetic, non-electronic, and entirely made out of plastic, so will not add noise to the images or raise safety concerns in the MR/MEG room or similarly demanding environments. The complete system includes the joystick, the interface, removable fiber optic bundle, and power supply and computer cables. The system can also interface with any of the other response box designs available from Current Designs.